PSIworld stands for Programmable Scalable Interactive World. This framework provides a set of libraries, utilities and applications in order to ease the implementation of dynamic Artificial Intelligence environments. Specifically, the development of Multi-Agent applications is targeted.
This project is designed in a generic manner, so that various kinds of applications can use and take advantage of the services provided by ProjectPSI. Primarily developed under GNU/Linux using various OpenSource tools, ProjectPSI modules are released under GNU GPL and LGPL licenses. This framework does not only include pure algorithm libraries for AI computation tasks, but also a C/C++ library for distributed computation. A server-client model also involves various, concurrent visualization methods of distinct Agents or Societies.
· gcc (recommended)
· Perl (recommended)
· Python (recommended)
· Mesa (optional)
· Simple DirectMedia Layer (optional)
What's New in This Release:
· The codebase has been converted from C to C++.
· The build system has been replaced by the standard GNU Autotools.
· The PSIutil package was moved out of the main PSIworld distribution as a separate package.
· Several new features which were too cumbersome to implement in C were implemented, such as generic sparse matrices (used as Terrain implementation) and a much cleaner XML parser/streamer interface.