The PHP mode for Emacs project offers you an Emacs major mode for editing PHP code.
Here are some key features of "PHP mode for Emacs":
· Syntax coloring and indenting
· Documentation browse and search functions
· Support for Imenu and SpeedBar
· Customization options
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A new version of PHP mode for Emacs is released. Version 1.5.0 is the follow-up to the major improvements unveiled for PHP mode in January. There are no major new features in this release, but many bug fixes.
· The mode is only tested in Emacs 22 with CC Mode 5.31. There are still no plans to support Emacs 21 and earlier versions, nor XEmacs. Patches against the source code or detailed bug reports for supporting these and other emacsen are gladly accepted, however.
· Additions and improvements to the GNU Info (Texinfo) manual.
· Add date and time constants of PHP as suggested by Dias Badekas.
· Make values used by M-x php-mode-version literal values rather than computed ones.
· Change HTML indentation warning to match only HTML at the beginning of the line.
· Use font-lock-preprocessor-face for PHP and ASP tags.
· The Emacs Lisp source code has had significant whitespace and style consistency changes.
· Remove conditional bindings and XEmacs-specific code that likely does nothing.
· Fix function-based commands for functions using the keyword modifiers (public, private, ...) and the ampersand character for function-based commands.
· Fix Imenu-support to thandle abstract, final, static, public, private and protected keywords.
· Fix reversed order of Imenu entries.
· Fix false syntax highlighting of keywords because of underscore character.
· Fix byte-compiler warnings.