PCRE library is a set of functions that implement regular expression pattern matching using the same syntax and semantics as Perl 5, with just a few differences.
The current implementation corresponds to Perl 5.005. PCRE is used by many programs, including Exim, Postfix, and PHP.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for 32-bit characters strings and UTF-32 has been added.
· Unicode compatibility has been improved for \X (it now matches extended grapheme clusters) and for characters such as Greek sigma that have more than one "other case".
· The Unicode tables are updated to 6.2.0.
· Matching using the JIT compiler has been sped up in some cases.
· There are some extensions to pcregrep and, as always, bugs have been fixed.