OpenXava project is a framework to develop easily business applications with XML and Java.
OpenXava Eclipse Plugin provides a database reverse engineering utility for the OpenXava framework.
Its virtue resides in the fact that the heart of our applications is XML instead of Java.
Here are some key features of "OpenXava":
· Has been used during years to develop real applications.
· High productivity for developing business applications.
· Short learning curve and easy to use.
· Flexible enough to create sophisticated applications.
· It's possible to insert your own functionality in every place.
· Based in the concept of business component.
· Adapted to work with legacy database schemas.
· Generate a full J2EE application: including User Interface and model classes (with POJOs or EJBs)
· Supports WebSphere 6.0, 5.1 and 5.0, JBoss 4.0.x and 3.2.x using native EJB CMP2 EntityBeans.
· Supports any application server (Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, etc) using POJOs + Hibernate.
· Supports JSR-168: All OpenXava modules are standard portlets too.
· EJB3 JPA complete support: But still BETA until 2.1
· It's tested with the portals: JetSpeed 2, WebSphere Portal and Liferay.
· Easy integration of reports made with JasperReports.
· Some little support for aspects.
· Licensed under LGPL.
· The developer can use English or Spanish.
· All labels and messages are in English, Spanish, German, Indonesian, French and Catalan, with more coming.
What's New in This Release:
· Wizards for creating new OpenXava projects and Eclipse editors for several OX files.