NewsLib is a library of perl modules for managing Network News services. It's meant to be used for code-reuse and sharing when writing news-based applications.
It currently includes:
· News::Article::Response - Create responses to News::Article articles
· News::Article::Ref - Reference functions for news articles
· News::Article::Clean - Subroutines to clean News::Article headers
· News::Article::Cancel - Generate accurate cancel messages
· News::NNTPAuth - Deprecated for Net::NNTP::Auth
· Net::NNTP::Auth - A standard NNTP authentication method
· Net::NNTP::Proxy - A news server in perl
· Net::NNTP::Client - Simulate an entire NNTP client
· Net::NNTP::Functions - Code to implement NNTP-standard functions
sudo make install
(If you don't have sudo installed, run the final command as root.)
What's New in This Release:
· Deprecating News::NNTPAuth in favor of Net::NNTP::Auth.
· News::Article is no longer distributed with this, since it's already in CPAN.
· Standardized formatting of version numbers and such.
· Better documention in the REAMDE file.