Mahotas is a Python image processing library.
It supports that following algorithms:
- convex points calculations.
- hit & miss. thinning.
- Zernike & Haralick, LBP, and TAS features.
- freeimage based numpy image loading (requires freeimage libraries to be
- Speeded-Up Robust Features (SURF), a form of local features.
- Sobel edge detection.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version reduces the dependencies needed at runtime. matplotlib is now only needed in certain cases (instead of being imported at the start).
· Similarly, tests no longer depend on an image IO library.
· Compared to the previously-released beta versions, there were only a few small changes.