Linedit is a readline-style library written in Common Lisp that provides customizable line-editing features.
Linedit uses UFFI for foreign bindings, so it is a least theoretically portable, though REPL-wrapping is currently SBCL specific.
Here are some key features of "Linedit":
· single-line text reader
· multi-line form reader
· completions on packages and symbols in current image
· completions on directories and filenames
· apropos-word and describe-word
· unlimited undo
· unlimited kill-ring
· unlimited history
· paren matching (not across lines)
· multiple histories
· use in REPL on SBCL
· fully customizable in CL
· works on Linux, FreeBSD, Darwin
If you have asdf-install, just:
CL-USER(1): (require :asdf-install)
CL-USER(2): (asdf-install:install :linedit)
...select restarts as approriate...
· Osicat 0.4.0 or later