LibSoup is an open source HTTP server and client library for the GNOME desktop environment.
The LibSoup library uses the glib main loop and GObjects to integrate with most GNOME apps.
Here are some key features of "LibSoup":
· Both asynchronous (GMainLoop and callback-based) and synchronous APIs
· Automatically caches connections
· SSL Support using GnuTLS
· Proxy support, including authentication and SSL tunneling
· Client support for Digest, NTLM, and Basic authentication
· Server support for Digest and Basic authentication
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Including no longer pulls in the system networking headers. This may cause some packages to no longer compile, if they were accidentally depending on this. Adding "#include " will fix them on both unix and Windows. (This was done as part of fixing the build on Windows.) [#692134, Dan]