JZlib is a re-implementation of zlib in pure Java. The first and final aim for hacking this was to add packet compression support to pure Java SSH systems.
Here are some key features of "JZlib":
· Needless to say, JZlib can inflate data, which is deflated by zlib and JZlib can generate deflated data, which is acceptable and is inflated by zlib.
· JZlib supports all compression level and all flushing mode in zlib.
· JZlib does not support gzip file handling supports.
· The performance has not been estimated yet, but it will not be so bad in deflating/inflating data stream on the low bandwidth network.
· JZlib is licensed under BSD style license
· Any invention has not been done in developing JZlib. So, if zlib is patent free, JZlib is also not covered by any patents.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version supports some functionalities which are available since zlib 1.2, and adds some convenient classes (GZIPInputStream, GZIPOutputStream, etc.).