IMDbPY is a Python package useful to retrieve and manage the data of the IMDb movie database about both movies and people.
Platform-independent and written in pure Python (and few C lines), it can retrieve data from both the IMDb's web server and a local copy of the whole database.
IMDbPY package can be very easily used by programmers and developers to provide access to the IMDb's data to their programs.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· the 'local' data access system is gone. See README.local.
· the imdb.parser.common package was removed, and its code integrated in imdb.parser.sql and in the imdbpy2sql.py script.
· fixes for the installer.
· the helpers module contains the fullSizeCoverURL function, to convert a Movie, Person or Character instance (or a URL in a string) in an URL to the full-size version of its cover/headshot. Courtesy of Basil Shubin.
· used a newer version of msgfmt.py, to work around a hideous bug generating locales.
· minor updates to locales.
· updated the DTD to version 4.2.
· removed garbage at the end of quotes.
· fixed problems parsing company names and notes.
· keys in character's quotes dictionary are now Movie instances.
· fixed a bug converting entities char references (affected BeautifulSoup).
· fixed a long-standing bug handling & with BeautifulSoup.
· top250 is now correctly parsed by BeautifulSoup.
· fixed DB2 call for loading blobs/cblobs.
· information from obsolete files are now used if and only if they refer to still existing titles.
· the --fix-old-style-titles argument is now obsolete.