Hierarchical Data Format (HDF4) is a general purpose library and file format for storing scientific data. It arranges data into datasets (multidimensional arrays) and groups (a structure for organizing objects).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The autotools used were updated.
· SDgetchunkinfo now contains compression type and compression information.
· Vgroup name and class name can now be more than the previous limit of 64 characters.
· HDF Fortran, HDF C, and SD examples were added.
· Support was added for 64-bit Mac Intel with gcc, gfortran, and Intel C and Fortran compilers.
· Support was added for AIX 6.1 using IBM XL C and Fortran compilers.
· Various bugs were fixed.