HP ScanJet 3900 series backend is an application and backend for linux that allows to use HP scanjet series 3900 scanners and, basically, all those controlled by Realtek RTS8822L chipset.
HP ScanJet 3900 series backend application is in early phase of development. Four files are included, two (binary and sources) for the application and two more for SANE backend.
What's New in This Release:
· Added INFO.sh script to provide information about project versions.
· Added PATCH.sh script to patch SANE sources by hand.
· Implemented emulation of white shading correction.
· Added option to disable white shading correction.
· Backend now checks whether chipset supports operations with eeprom.
· Added a simple GUI (hp3900.kmdr) for standalone application (uses kmdr-executor) made by Bruno
· Debugging functions moved from hp3900_rts8822.c to hp3900_debug.c
· Removed many global vars.
· Grayscale color mode is totally supported by hardware.
· Grayscale emulation is now optional. "--color 3" argument is added in stand-alone application and "Emulate Grayscale" option in SANE. Emulation remains as optional because sometimes converted image has better quality than scanned one in real Grayscale mode.
· Debugging images created with option --savecalibfile are saved now at user home ~/
· Added option in SANE backend to generate debugging images.
· As a debugging image, driver creates post-autoref.tiff which shows colored lines about detected SER and LER values.
· Lineart scans generate 1 bit depth images.
· Fixed threshold limits for lineart scans in stand-alone app