Gobpersist (Generic OBject PERSISTence) is an object persistence layer for NoSQL, but it is also much more than that.
Gobpersist is modeled on the Django persistence layer, and in use you'll find that it mostly behaves like a conventional object/relational mapper (ORM). However, unlike a conventional ORM, Gobpersist does not insist that its data storage engine implements SQL, or that it follows a relational model at all. Despite this, Gobpersist intends to provide:
- A complete SQL-like interface to querying its data.
- ORM-style object peristence.
- Atomic commits, depending on the atomicity of the back end.
- Transparent support for caching.
- Optional support for a separate storage engine to support very large blobs.
- Quick and easy development of interfaces to any back end.
All documentation is in the "docs" directory and online at http://accellion.github.com/gobpersist.