GiNaCRA is a C++ library providing data structures and algorithms for real algebraic computations. It is based on the efficient C++ library GiNaC including support for symbolic manipulations on polynomials.
How to install GiNaCRA?
GiNaCRA has been tested under Xubuntu 11.04, Gentoo, ArchLinux 2010.05.
Install the required ginac package with dependencies using your favourite package manager. Make sure to install ginac with development files: For example using Ubuntu Natty Narwhal apt-get install libginac-dev (The libginac1.5 package is not sufficient!). GiNaCRA also runs with ginac 1.6.
Unpack the package
tar xvzf ginacra-*.tar.gz
How to use GiNaCRA?
There are several examples located in the folder examples/. The API documentation can be generated by executing
if doxygen is installed on your system. The documentation can be viewed here as well.
Here are some key features of "GiNaCRA":
Shell application ginacraconsole providing:
· command auto-completion and history,
· simple and easy-to-use commands to test major functions of GiNaCRA.
· Real root computation and representation as real algebraic numbers.
· Real algebraic number arithmetic.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added real roots computation feature to ginacraconsole.
· Added readline support for ginacraconsole.
· Several bugfixes and improvements in MultivariatePolynomial.
· Added factory class for MultivariatePolynomial now containing all relevant methods generating MultivariatePolynomial objects.
· Improvements to IntervalRepresentationFactory; in particular, stability and efficiency of real root isolation.