GTK-VNC project is a VNC viewer widget for GTK.
It provides a core library written in C, using coroutines to allow it to be completely asynchronous while remaining single threaded. A wrapper library using PyGTK provides access to the widget functionality from Python. Two example programs illustrate use of the widget by re-implementing the traditional 'vncviewer' in a few 10's of lines of code.
The client is fully IPv6 aware, and as well as the traditional VNC authentication protocol, implements the VeNCrypt extension to provide secure TLS/SSL encrypted communications, optionally using x509 certificates to authenticate.
· GTK version 2.8.x
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix crash in pointer motion event handler
· Fix crash in vnc_display_get_pixbuf
· Fix crash in TLS cleanup code
· Fix frambuffer boundary checks
· Improve drawing performance with server side pixmap
· Fix performance degradation due to leaked GSource
· Fix setting of 'shared' connection flag
· Make pointer warp boundary detection more robust
· Adapt keymap code to build with GDK3 multiple displays
· Remove use of gdk_drawable calls to fix GTK3
· Remove need for Text::CSV perl module at build time