GNUstep Database Library 2 (GDL2) is a set of libraries to map Objective-C objects to rows of relational database management systems (RDBMS).
GNUstep Database Library 2 aims to be compatible with Enterprise Objects Framework (EOF) as released with WebObjects 4.5 from Apple Inc.
Here are some key features of "GNUstep Database Library 2":
· EOControl (gnustep-db2control)
· The fundamental abstraction library which includes many non RDBMS related extensions such as KeyValueCoding extensions and other categories. Most importantly it contains the classes which handle the coordination of object graphs namely EOEditingContext.
· EOAccess (gnustep-db2)
· This library implements the underlying mechanism to retrieve and store data in RDBMS. It defines the abstract classes like EOAdaptor which are subclassed to interface with concrete RDBMS implementations.
· This library implements classes used to synchronize UI components such as NSTextFields, NSButtons and NSTableViews with the state of objects which an EOEditingContext contains.
· This is a collection of concrete EOAdaptor projects needed to connect to specific databases. GDL2 currently only supplies an Adaptor for the PostgreSQL database. Even though the Adaptor is still called Postgres95 we aim to support PostgreSQL 7.2 and higher API. In fact the Adaptor may very soon be renamed to PostgreSQL.
· the GNUstep Make Package 1.13.0
· the Base Library 1.13.0
· the GUI Package 1.11.0
· the Back Package 1.11.0
· GORM Package 1.1.0