Flying Saucer project is a pure Java XML/CSS 2 renderer whose aim is to provide spec-compliant CSS 2.1 rendering for any well-formed XML document.
The current codebase can render to Java2D-based canvases and to PDF via the iText library, and covers a great deal of the CSS 2.1 specification.
There are demos for rendering XHTML, rendering within Swing applications, and rendering to PDF. Direct rendering from DocBook or other XML formats is possible, provided the appropriate CSS is available.
Here are some key features of "Flying Saucer":
· Vertical margin collapsing; CSS 2.1 specification
· Z-index property and stacking contexts; CSS 2.1 specification
· Vertical-align: top/bottom; CSS 2.1 specification
· PDF rendering via the iText library; support for PDF bookmarks, pagination and breaks, and more
· Pagination support, automatic and explicit: CSS 2.1 specification
· Rewritten "float" implementation
· Improved list marker positioning
What's New in This Release:
· This release includes comprehensive table support, faster rendering, bugfixes, better image generation, near-complete compliance with the CSS 2.1 specification, including lots of improvements like better forms support, CSS counters, cursor property support, compliant font property handling, and so on.
· There's even a completely new, fast, and compliant CSS 2.1 parser built-in.