FireFoot is library that provides an easy way for C language programmers to connect to Firebird database servers (and provably Interbase). It uses the Firebird/Interbase API.
· Create, delete, connect to Firebird database servers.
· Single transaction management.
· Common or parametrized SQL statement support.
· Support for basic data types and BLOBs.
· User management support.
· Support the backup and restore of databases.
This library exists as an alternative of Firebird/Interbase C language API. It is made in C language, using GLib object model.
· It is planned to be multiplatform, working at least on Linux and Windows. Until now it is only tested on Linux, but shouldn't be a problem to port it to Windows.
FireFoot libary is released under the GNU/GPL version 2 licence.
· glib-2.0 >= 2.0.0
· gobject-2.0 >= 2.0.0
· Firebird >= 1.0.2