EnvisagePlugins is a Python library that includes a number of plug-ins for the Envisage framework that we have found useful for building scientific applications. Envisage does not require that you use these plug-ins, but you may find them useful to avoid having to reinvent these particular wheels.
* Workbench: Provides an application GUI window that supports views and perspectives, similar to the Eclipse IDE.
* Action: Supports user-interaction command mechanisms, such as toolbars, menus, and buttons.
* Single Project: Supports a project paradigm for saving application data, assuming an interaction model in which only one project can be open in the application at a time.
* Text Editor: Provides a rudimentary text editor interface.
* Python Shell: Provides an interactive Python shell within a Workbench-based application.
* Debug: Provides the Frame Based Inspector from the Developer Tools project as an Envisage plug-in.