EL4J, the Extension Library for the J2EE, adds incremental improvements to the Spring Java framework.
Here are some key features of "EL4J":
· The ability to split applications in modules
· A module can consist of code, jar-files and configurations
· There can be transitive dependencies between modules
· A module can automatically enable its spring configuration when it is present
· The order and the location of configuration-information works accross various J2EE containers
· Simplified remoting
· Optional implicit context passing to cleanly add technical context with remote method invocations (e.g. to add a security principal or the sub-company on whose behalf a request is being made)
· Remote a POJO as SLSB or SFSB, remote a POJO via SOAP
· Clean remoting support for interfaces that lack a RemoteException in their interface where it's required
· A light daemon manager service
· Various improvements
· Make the active beans and their configuration visible in JMX
· A light exception handling framework that implements a safety facade
· Simplified configuration of attribute-interceptor mappings.
What's New in This Release:
· Minor patch for 1.4.