Doapfiend is a command-line client and library for displaying, fetching and manipulating DOAP (Description of a Project) files. It searches for DOAP using doapspace.org, PingTheSemanticWeb, RDFOhloh and other sources.
Doapfiend uses RDFAlchemy as an ORM to query and create DOAP. You can also use rdflib for the graphs queried by RDFAlchemy.
Here are some key features of "Doapfiend":
· Search for DOAP by a project's homepage
· Display metadata in DOAP in a human-readable format
· Get DOAP by a SourceForge, Freshmeat, PyPI, Ohloh etc. project name
· Search for all DOAP spidered by pingthesemanticweb.com
· Access the metadata in the DOAP file using Python dot notation
· Fetch and display DOAP mentioned in FOAF by project homepage
· Extensible with plugins using setuptools
· Written in Python (Yes, that's a feature!)
Example command-line usage
Fetch DOAP for SourceForge project named 'nut':
$ doapfiend --sf nut
You have a project's homepage, display DOAP if any has been spidered:
$ doapfiend -o http://trac.doapspace.org/doapfiend
You have the URL or path to a DOAP file:
$ doapfiend -u http://librdf.org/raptor/raptor.rdf
$ doapfiend -u /path/to/some.rdf
Display DOAP as RDF/XML for the SourceForge project 'nut':
$ doapfiend -x --sf nut
Display DOAP as N3 (Notation Three) for the SourceForge project 'nut':
$ doapfiend -n --sf nut
What's New in This Release:
· The ability to print individual DOAP attributes, a VCS (Version Control System) plugin for SVN and CVS, and Gentoo Linux ebuild creation.
· It is now possible to read an FOAF file with project home pages and discover DOAP.