DateRangeParser is a Python library which makes it easy to parse date ranges specified in a human-style string. For example, it can parse strings like:
- 27th-29th June 2010
- 30 May to 9th Aug
- 3rd Jan 1980 -- 2nd Jan 2013
- Wed 23 Jan -> Sat 16 February 2013
- Tuesday 29 May - Sat 2 June 2012
- From 1 to 9 Jul
- 14th July 1988 (it works with single dates too!)
- 07:00 Tue 7th June - 17th July 3:30pm (it ignores times, currently)
DateRangeParser can be installed by running pip install daterangeparser.
Full documentation is provided at http://daterangeparser.readthedocs.org/ and the code (and development information) is available at https://github.com/robintw/daterangeparser.