DTAUS project contains a library that is able to read and write German DTAUS files, ready to be compiled under Unix and GNU/Linux. DTAUS is an abbreviation for DatenTrägerAUStausch and refers to a special file format used by German credit institutes in order to manage money exchanges between accounts and institutes.
These types of files are used for exchanges between both banks and banks as well as banks and their customers. The main advantage is that customers (mainly companies and associations) can easily manage their monthly exchanges in a batch: fees and saleries.
Since I don't know if it is used in another country I believe that this package is only be useful in Germany. It was originally written in German so much of its description is still in German - as well as most of these web pages.
What's New in This Release:
· Added support for the 'Begleitzettel' via LaTeX document
· Corrected string handling for arguments (Martin Schulte)
· Corrected handling of files "-" for stdin/stdout (Martin Schulte)
· Corrected support for vermögenswirksame Leistungen
· Added back support for DM, tidied up some code, updated the documentation
· Safely parse values and correct their format to nnnnn.pp