D-Collide application is a real-time collision detection library aimed at performance and accuracy, that supports rigid objects as well as deformables - such as cloth - including self-collision detection.
This section describes how to setup D-Collide for different platforms.
In addition this section describes the installation of the "testapp" which comes with D-Collide and provides several scenes to test the behaviour and performance of different collision detection algorithms.
D-Collide uses CMake (see http://www.cmake.org) as build system, so for building D-Collide, you need CMake. CMake is NOT required once D-Collide has been installed.
The testapp uses OGRE and CEGUI, which need to be installed if you want to build the testapp.
Note that D-Collide can be used completely without the testapp. The testapp provides optional test scenes only.
· PThreads (comes with your Linux distribution)
· pkg-config (comes with your Linux distribution)
· g++ 4.x (comes with your Linux distribution)
Optional Prerequisites (required for building the testapp):
· OGRE >= 1.4.0 (e.g. on Kubuntu 7.10: apt-get install libogre-dev)
· CEGUI >= 0.5.0 (e.g. on Kubuntu 7.10: apt-get install libcegui-mk2-dev)
· OIS >= 0.6.0 (e.g. on Kubuntu 7.10: apt-get install libois-dev)
· lib3ds (e.g. on Kubuntu 7.10: apt-get install lib3ds-dev)
Optional Prerequisites (required for generating the API documentation):
a) Download D-Collide from d-collide.sourceforge.net
b) Extract the downloaded archive
b1) For a .tar.gz archive type:
$ tar xzvf d-collide.tar.gz
b2) For a .tar.bz2 archives type:
$ tar xjvf d-collide.tar.bz2
c) Enter the directory 'd-collide' and start configuration
$ cd d-collide
$ cmake .
d) Build D-Collide
e) Install D-Collide
$ make install
What's New in This Release:
· This release includes support for rigid collision detection and initial support for collision detection of deformable objects.
· The basic work is mainly done.