Common Data Format is a self-describing data abstraction for the storage and manipulation of multidimensional data in a platform- and discipline-independent fashion.
It consists of a scientific data management package (known as the "CDF Library") that allows programmers and application developers to manage and manipulate scalar, vector, and multi-dimensional data arrays.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version adds support for leap seconds.
· There are minor changes in the sktcdf tool program and cdfdump help.
· There is a fix for cdfmerge while using a text file for input files control.
· The Java CDF class's open method has been modified to delay collecting variable and attribute data.
· There are assorted bugfixes.