Cake is a rapid development framework for PHP. CakePHP project uses commonly known design patterns like ActiveRecord, Association Data Mapping, Front Controller and MVC.
Our primary goal is to provide a structured framework that enables PHP users at all levels to rapidly develop robust web applications, without any loss to flexibility.
Why use CakePHP?
- Flexible License: MIT License
- Clean IP: every line of code was written by the CakePHP development team
- Extremely Simple: just look at the name...It's Cake
- Rapid Development: build apps faster than ever before (check out the zZine article)
- Best Practices: Cake is easy to understand and sets the industry standards in security, session handling, among other things.
- OO: whether you are a seasoned OO programmer or a beginner you will feel comfortable
- No Configuration: set-up the database and watch the magic begin
Here are some key features of "CakePHP":
· compatibile with PHP4 and PHP5
· supplies integrated CRUD for database and simplified querying
· request dispatcher with good looking, custom URLs
· fast, flexible templating (PHP syntax with helper methods)
· works from any website subdirectory, with little to no Apache configuration involved