AIS Parser SDK (Automatic Identification System) is a ship tracking network using VHF transponders. AIS equipped ships are transmitting their positions, destinations, names, cargo types, etc.
You can receive these transmissions using expensive AIS transponders, or receivers such as those available from Milltech Marine, SeaCAS and Y-Tronic. AIS transponders and receivers output the received information as serial data using AIVDM messages. These are described in the IEC 61993-2 specification, but they are very similar to NMEA 0813 messages output by GPS devices.
The AIS Parser SDK parses these packed serial messages into data structures containing all of the AIS information for each message type. It allows you to easily add AIS capabilites to your desktop and web products, saving you valuable development time.
The SDK consists of 3 'C' files to link into your project; you then pass serial data to the SDK and it returns data structures with all of the information from the message. The AIS message contents are documented by the ITU M.1371 and IEC 62287 specifications. You will need a copy of these to fully understand the data generated by the SDK.
Here are some key features of "AIS Parser SDK":
· AIS Messages 1-24(A/B)
· Written using portable 'C'
· Only 3 files to link to your project
· Cross platform: runs on Windows, Linux, Mac and embedded systems
· Small memory footprint, suitable for embedded systems
· Python 2.4 module included (v1.1)
· VB6 Compatible .DLL with example Visual Basic Source included (v1.3)
· Inexpensive - $199 per project license fee
· Unlimited licenses for $2000
AIS Message Information:
· MMSI number (unique ship identifier)
· Latitude and Longitude in 1/10000 of a minute
· Rate of Turn
· Ship Name and Callsign
· Destination and ETA
· Size of Ship
· Cargo Type
· Much more...
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds parsing of St. Lawrence Seaway and IMO binary messages.
· Helper functions have been added to allow the Python module to access the arrays of structs used to store the new information.
· It also fixes handling of binary message payloads in messages 6,8 and 17.
· A small bug related to message 14's spare bits (should be 2, not 1) has been fixed.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A beta release of Java package parsing messages 1-24.
· A Win32 python module built with Python 2.5.2.
· A get_timetag function to parse the 20-bit timestamp format used in ETA, Seaway, and IMO messages.
· A missing break; in message 15 parsing has been fixed. portable.h now checks for Cygwin.
· A missing wave_dir field in IMO message 1.11 has been added.
· A bin2sixbit 1-off error has been fixed.
· The example documentation has been improved (loop when adding packets).