Sleep is a perl inspired embed-able scripting language for Java applications.
Sleep source and binaries are released under the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Here are some key features of "The Sleep Scripting Project":
· Perl inspired language syntax
· Fast execution / small runtime size (170 KB)
· Parsed scripts can be serialized
· Easy API for making application data structures / functionality available to scripters
· Access, create, and query Java objects from Sleep scripts
· Full documentation for application developers and end-user scripters
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release smooths several issues for multi-threaded scripts. Added a ∑ function to compute the sum of an array. Updated &values function to extract specific keys from a hash. Added predicates to test if a string is upper or lowercase. The documentation was updated as well.