Tcl provides an open source and portable scripting environment for Linux, Windows, and Macintosh systems.
It supports string processing and pattern matching, native file system access, shell-like control over other programs, TCP/IP networking, timers, and event-driven I/O.
Tcl (Tool Command Language) is easy to learn and you can create a useful program in minutes! You are free to use Tcl/Tk however you wish, even in commercial applications.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New command: [yieldto].
· A new OO builtin class: [oo::Slot].
· A new OO standard method: (extends [oo::copy].
· A new subcommand: [string is entier].
· Redefined color names to match Web colors.
· Bundled distribution of SQLite 3 3.7.14.
· Updates to Unicode 6.2 support.
· Several bugfixes.
· Mac OS X versions before 10.4 (Tiger) are no longer supported.