Smalltalk YX 0.1.7
Smalltalk YX is an open source Smalltalk-80 implementation.
Here are some key features of "Smalltalk YX":
· Readable code
· Flexibility trough easy creation of plugins
· Portable to most important platforms
· Embeddable in C applications
· Easy to use, powerful and well-structured environment
What's New in This Release:
· The .SYX_ROOT_PATH and SYX_PLUGIN_PATH environment variables have been introduced.
· Image recovering has been fixed.
· Several standard methods for Collections, Numbers, and Object printing/storing were covered.
· #display family methods have been introduced for Smalltalk objects.
· System signal handling has been improved.
· The interpreter has been refactored to use one stack per Process.
· Symbols creation was optimized.
· The parser and lexer have been fixed.
· Blocks' scopes have been fixed.