Falcon is an open source, fast, simple and powerful programming language, easy to learn and to feel comfortable with, and a scripting engine ready to empower mission-critical multithreaded applications.
Falcon provides six integrated programming paradigms: procedural, object oriented, prototype oriented, functional, tabular and message oriented. And you don't have to master all of them; you just need to pick the ingredients you prefer, and let the code to follow your inspiration.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Call with continuation (like found in "scheme" language).
· Class 'states'.
· Passvp function to access variable parameters.
· (optional) readline/editline support for interactive mode.
· "Unbound" type.
· New deep "==", checking deeply language collections by value, so that == holds true.
· New operator "eq" checking strict identity.
· This release introduces some minimal incompatibility with the previous
version. In details:
· 'state' and 'eq' are now keywords.
· All operator overrides in classes and POOP are now renamed; the double underline is now IN FRONT of the operator override name. For example, call__ is now named __call.