rxvt-unicode is an rxvt clone supporting mixed fonts, Xft fonts, and Unicode.
rxvt-unicode is a clone of the well known terminal emulator rxvt, modified to store text in Unicode (either UCS-2 or UCS-4) and to use locale-correct input and output. rxvt-unicode also supports mixing multiple fonts at the same time, including Xft fonts.
- Stores text in Unicode (either UCS-2 or UCS-4).
- Uses locale-correct input, output and width: as long as your system supports the locale, rxvt-unicode will display correctly.
- Daemon mode: one daemon can open multiple windows on multiple displays, which improves memory usage and startup time considerably.
- Crash-free. At least I try, but rxvt-unicode certainly crashes much less often than rxvt and it's many clones, and reproducible bugs get fixed immediately.
- Completely flicker-free.
- Full combining character support (unlike xterm :).
- Multiple fonts supported at the same time: No need to choose between nice japanese and ugly latin, or no japanese and nice latin characters.
- Supports Xft and core fonts in any combination.
- Can easily be embedded into other applications.
- All documentation accessible through manpages.
- Locale-independent XIM support.
- Many small improvements, such as improved and correct terminfo, improved secondary screen modes, italic and bold font support, tinting and shading.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This version adds some rendering bugfixes, a fix for size computation in the tabbed extension, and better support for Solaris.