python-ptrace is a debugger using ptrace (Linux, BSD and Darwin system call to trace processes) written in Python.
python-ptrace is an open source project written in Python and distributed under GNU GPLv2 license.
Here are some key features of "python-ptrace":
· High level Python object API : PtraceDebugger and PtraceProcess
· Able to control multiple processes: catch fork events on Linux
· Read/write bytes to arbitrary address: take care of memory alignment and split bytes to cpu word
· Execution step by step using ptrace_singlestep() or hardware interruption 3
· Can use distorm disassembler
· Dump registers, memory mappings, stack, etc.
· Syscall tracer and parser (strace.py command)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support distrom3
· Support Python 3
· Rename strace.py option --socketcall to --socket, and fix this option for FreeBSD and Linux/64 bits
· Add MANIFEST.in: include all files in source distribution (tests, cptrace module, ...)