An advanced Python debugger.
Well, actually rpdb2 is the advanced debugger and Winpdb is its GUI, and I am their author, and this is their home page. So, whenever I refer in this website to Winpdb, whatever I write about it applies to rpdb2 too, except for GUI stuff of course. They even use the same command line flags.
- GPL License
- Compatible with CPython 2.3, 2.4
- Platform independent, and tested on Windows XP, Linux Fedora-Core 4, and Mac OSX Tiger
- User Interfaces: rpdb2 is console based, while winpdb requires wxPython 2.6
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.4.6
- Major Bug fix: Handle debugging of run-away recursions.
- Compatibility with Python 3.01.