Winpdb project is an advanced python debugger, with support for smart breakpoints, multiple threads, namespace modification, embedded debugging, encrypted communication and speed of up to 20 times that of pdb.
Well, actually rpdb2 is the advanced debugger and Winpdb is its GUI, and I am their author, and this is their home page. So, whenever I refer in this website to Winpdb, whatever I write about it applies to rpdb2 too, except for GUI stuff of course. They even use the same command line flags.
Here are some key features of "Winpdb":
· GPL License
· Compatible with CPython 2.3, 2.4
· Platform independent, and tested on Windows XP, Linux Fedora-Core 4, and Mac OSX Tiger
· User Interfaces: rpdb2 is console based, while winpdb requires wxPython 2.6
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Major Bug fix: Handle debugging of run-away recursions.
· Compatibility with Python 3.01.