Visual REGEXP 3.1
Visual REGEXP lets you easily design and debug regular expressions.
· some regexp can consume a lot of CPU time. This seems to be caused by the use of -all, -inline and -indices flags together.
· when a subexpression is not matched (empty match), the last character of the previous match are coloured. This is due to a problem in Tcl (bug submitted to Scriptics).
What's New in This Release:
· new version done by Martin Lemburg. Many thanks, Martin.
· it is now a tcl 8.5a4 starpack
· GUI layout changed to be based on a paned window
· GUI code looks different, to be more ergonomic
· the informational labels (replacements & matches) are now sunken
· there are now additional the "first" and "last" navigation buttons
· there is a new option to navigate through matches or matches and submatches
· the displayed count of matches is changed to display the current and the count of matches used for navigation (probably changes, if the new navigation option is changed)
· the replace widget is disabled on startup
· the tcl console is added to the help menu
· the key bindings inside the regexp text widget changed a bit to allow for expanded regexp (-expanded or (?x)) to contain tabs and newlines. Tabs are created with Control-Tab and newlines with Control-Return. Additional with Control-C|V|X (not c|v|x) it is possible to use the clipboard like with Control|Shift-Insert, Shift-Delete.