TOra is a Toolkit for Oracle which aims to help the DBA or developer of database application. TOra project features PL/SQL debugger, SQL worksheet with syntax highlighting, DB browser and a comprehensive set of DBA tools.
Here are some key features of "TOra":
· Handles multiple connections.
· Asynchronus database communication. UI mostly responsive when accessing database.
· Requires no installation on the database side to be fully functional.
· Advanced SQL worksheet.
· Code completion.
· Explain execution plan.
· Execution statistics.
· SQL syntax highlighting.
· Quick menu for often used custom SQL.
· Parse error location indication.
· Chart visualization of result.
· PL/SQL block parsing.
· Schema browser.
· Table & view editing.
· References & dependencies.
· Tab & tree based browsing.
· Object & data filtering.
· PL/SQL editor & debugger.
· Variable watches.
· Line by line stepping.
· Debugger SQL output viewing.
· Syntax structure tree parsing.
· Server tuning.
· Server overview.
· Tuning charts.
· I/O by tablespace & file.
· Performance indicators.
· Raw server statistics.
· Parameter editor (P-file editor).
· Security manager.
· Storage manager with object & extent viewer.
· Session manager.
· Rollback manager with snapshot too old detection.
· SGA & long operations trace.
· Current session information.
· Statistics manager with parallel analysis.
· DBMS alert tool.
· Invalid object browser.
· SQL output viewer.
· Database & schema comparison and server.
· Extract schema objects to SQL scripts.
· Easily extendible.
· Ability to add support for new or older Oracle versions without programming.
· Well documented plugin API (Only Linux version).
· SQL template help with PL/SQL functions and optimizer hints.
· Full UNICODE support.
· Printing of any list, text or chart.
· Cross platform support. Known to work on Linux, Windows and Solaris.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is a major release focused on updating to Qt 4, improving stability and memory usage, performance, Oracle 11g and Instant Client support, improved PostgreSQL tooling, and the first Windows build using Qt Open Source.