An application which is primarily used to setup scenarios of tasks, execute and debug them
The normal way to access web sites is via a browser; however, there are times when it is desirable to bypass the browser and access a site from a program, including:
- Debugging of HTTP requests and responses
- Automated web site testing
The HTTP Recorder simplifies the process of capturing all requests that are exchanged between a browser and the web server. Then use PureTest to replay each request in order to carefully watch the HTTP data that is transferred on the wire (HTTP headers, request parameters, response headers and response content). The Web Crawler is useful to pro-actively verify the consistence of a static web structure. It reports various metrics, broken links and the structure of the crawled web.
Test scenarios that be saved to file and later be repeated, to verify that you server applictaion works as expected. This can be done using the PureTest debugger in the grapical user interface, but also using a command line interface.
- <b>Platform independent</b> Verified on Solaris, Linux (RedHat) and Windows NT/2000/XP.
- <b>Testing of web applications</b> Capable of testing HTTP based applications including support for forms, uploading files, setting headers etc.
- <b>Supported standard protocols</b> Possible to supervise applications based on standard protocols such as HTTP, NNTP, FTP, Telnet, SMTP, IMAP, JDBC (relational databases), LDAP, DNS and JMS (Java Messaging Service).
- <b>Scenario Editor</b> Create scenarios using the point and click interface. Includes a full blown scenario debugger including single step, break points and response introspection.
- <b>HTTP Recorder</b> The HTTP Recorder eases the process of catching all requests between a browser and the web server.
- <b>HTTPS/SSL</b> Supports SSL v3
- <b>Dynamic Web Applications</b> Standard session handling techniques, such as cookies and URL-rewriting is supported.
- <b>Response Validation</b> Support for parsing response codes or parsing page content for expected or unexpected strings.
- <b>PureLoad Web Crawler</b> Utility that crawls a web of static content and reports various statistics and error. The requests can easily be generated into PureLoad scenarios for use in a load test session.
- <b>Conditional Processing</b> Control if execution should stop on errors or specify expressions to control if sequences of task to be executed or not.
- <b>Complex Scenarios</b> API which enables developing scenarios for monitoring of arbitrary applications/protocols. Possible to create data driven Scenarios.
- <b>Command Line Interface</b> A simple command line interface is provided to execute scenarios, that can be used for automated testing.