DBG is a a full-featured php debugger, an interactive tool that helps you debugging php scripts.
It works on a production and/or development WEB server and allows you debug your scripts locally or remotely, from an IDE or console.
Here are some key features of "DBG":
· native debugger. Works transparently, neither script nor PHP engine modifications required.
· server part (dbg module) runs on all platforms where PHP itself runs.
· works transparently across the global network as well as locally.
· JIT. When enabled can start debugging Just In Time of error occurs.
· supports back-tracking, e.g. displays a list of all procedures with their local variables, the current execution position reached from. Also you can watch local variables or function parameters in all active and nested scopes.
· certainly, you can execute script in the debugger step by step (step-in, step-out, step-over...), evaluate any valid php expressions or complex variables, modify values of any variables on the fly and create any new ones. Breakpoints can be conditional, they also may skip entered number of hits.
· has embedded profiler, so now it's easy to find out a bottleneck in the scripts.
· allows multiple debugger processes running simultaneously.
· compatible with php-4.0.6 and higher.
· has open COM interfaces for integration with win32-based 3rd party IDEs.
· Commercial version of DBG (2.16.x) is available with commercial version of PHPEd PHP IDE only, see review for details.
· Linux, BSD, SunOs, MacOs and Win32 platoforms are supported.
· Free version (2.11.x) is available on this site. It works with PHP Edit, PHP Coder and some other IDEs.
· Free dbg front-end (dbg-cli) for Linux/Unix can be used to debug scripts either directly or under DDD 3.3.9 (GNU debugger). Also see RedHat 7.3, YellowDog and Mandrake distributions at RPM Find site.
What's New in This Release:
· All php versions from 4.0.6 up to 4.3.10 and from 5.0.0 up to 5.0.3 are supported.
· Support for HARDENED php v0.2.6 added (4.3.9h, 4.3.10h and 5.0.3h).
· Command line interface (dbg-cli) improved.
· Tested with php 4.0.6, 4.1.0-4.1.2, 4.2.0-4.2.3, 4.3.0-4.3.10, 5.0.0-5.0.3.