ccache is an open source compiler cache designed to act as a caching pre-processor to C/C++ compilers.
It uses the -E compiler switch and a hash to detect when a compilation can be satisfied from cache. Supports C++, C, Objective-C++ and Objective-C.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The EAGAIN signal is now handled correctly when emitting cached stderr output. This fixes a problem triggered by large error outputs from the compiler.
· Subdirectories in the cache are no longer created in read-only mode.
· Fixed so that ccache’s log file descriptor is not made available to the compiler.
· Improved error reporting when failing to create temporary stdout/stderr files when executing the compiler.
· Disappearing temporary stdout/stderr files are now handled gracefully.
· Fixed test suite to work on ecryptfs.