SmartEiffel is The GNU Eiffel Compiler.
That means that "SmartEiffel 1.2 (transitional)" will be 100% compatible with SmartEiffel 1.1, but introducing some changes from the 2.x series, and issuing warnings when you write code that will not work under the 2.x series.
What's New in This Release:
· New simpler typing rules.
· A new class loading algorithm.
· A simpler installer for package maintainers.
· An eiffeltest tool.
· Some changes/improvements/bugfixes in the language and library (including addition of a regex library and networking improvements).
· Microsoft's Visual C++ 2005 compiler is now supported.