Pre Make Kit (PMK) aims to be a BSD alternative to GNU autoconf, GNU libtool, and pkg-config. Pre Make Kit uses data files instead of scripts to limit the spreading of trojans in software packages.
It's designed to be easy to use for users and developers. For better portability and efficiency, all of the components are written in C. Requirements are a POSIX system, a C compiler, a POSIX shell, and a make tool.
Here are some key features of "Pre Make Kit":
· Dependency configuration like autoconf (with partial compatibility mode).
· Compiler detection to set shared library flags.
· Architecture and cpu identification (support for x86 32 and 64 bits, IA64 and alpha).
· Internal pkg-config support (faster than calling pkg-config).
· Use a data file instead of a shell script that could hide trojans.
What's New in This Release:
· This release fixes some important defects in pmk/pmksetup and pmkpc.