Pharo is designed for both students and developers that use the Smalltalk programming language and create a modern-looking working environment.
Pharo can be successfully used for creating professional software. It is packed into an archive and can be run from any location, even from a portable storage device.
Here are some key features of "Pharo":
· pure object-oriented language
· runs on all major platforms
· stable core with large test suite
· a clean look and feel
· good developer tools
· low memory footprint
· Squeak Smalltalk System
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· All in all, there were over 1600 issues treated in the issue tracker
· and 1350 improvements integrated into 2.0.