Jaune project is a Java-like compiler for small systems.
Jaune is a compiler and set of libraries that can be used to write programs in the Java language for small devices.
It includes a basic set of class libraries, garbage collector, and set of examples that can be run on the Nintendo GameBoy.
Here are some key features of "Jaune":
· All of the object-oriented features of the Java language.
· A conservative, compiler directed garbage collector.
· Sufficient base class support for implementing most of the niceties of the Java libraries.
· Native implementations of the Object, String and StringBuffer classes for speed.
· A very straight forward native code interface.