4tH compiler is an open source compiler, with a little difference. Instead of the standard Forth engine it features a conventional compiler.
4tH compiler is a minimal compiler that can create bytecode, standalone executables or C-embeddable bytecode.
It supports over 85% of the ANS Forth CORE wordset and features conditional compilation, pipes, files, assertions, forward declarations, recursion, include files, etc.
It comes with an RPN calculator, line editor, compiler, decompiler, C-source generators, and a virtual machine.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The library files now support logfiles, automated date parsing, LZ77 file compression and CSV file creation.
· The last defined word can be compiled anonymously.
· Object orientation now supports regular methods.
· The Sourceforge "Block reserved extension words" were added.
· New peephole optimizers were added to the compiler, allowing automatic compile time calculations.
· exec_4th() can be optimized for GCC by using the compiler switch -DUSEGCCGOTO.
· The word 'SMOVE' was added.