hypo elastiC is a high-level, interpreted, object-oriented, dynamically typed programming language.
Here are some key features of "hypo elastiC":
· Open Source, freely available, even for commercial purposes.
· Portable bytecode compilation.
· Familiar C-like syntax.
· Dynamic typing.
· Automatic real, very fast, Garbage Collection.
· Object Oriented with meta-programming support (a la Smalltalk).
· Functional programming support (Scheme like closures with lexical scoping, and eval-like functionality).
· Hierarchical Namespaces.
· Rich set of useful built-in types (dynamic arrays, dictionaries, symbols, ...).
· Extensibile with C (you can add functions, types, classes, methods, packages, ...).
· Embeddable in C.
· Small footprint, making it ideal also in embedded systems.