hypo elastiC 0.0.38 Beta
A programming language.
hypo elastiC is a high-level, interpreted, object-oriented, dynamically typed programming language.
- Open Source, freely available, even for commercial purposes.
- Portable bytecode compilation.
- Familiar C-like syntax.
- Dynamic typing.
- Automatic real, very fast, Garbage Collection.
- Object Oriented with meta-programming support (a la Smalltalk).
- Functional programming support (Scheme like closures with lexical scoping, and eval-like functionality).
- Hierarchical Namespaces.
- Rich set of useful built-in types (dynamic arrays, dictionaries, symbols, ...).
- Extensibile with C (you can add functions, types, classes, methods, packages, ...).
- Embeddable in C.
- Small footprint, making it ideal also in embedded systems.