Nickel is a bridge/bindings generator for Java/Objective Caml. The program is part of the OCaml-Java project.
The Objective Caml programmer that needed to interface its program with Java had to use OJacare. OJacare is a code generator that bridges Java and Objective Caml objects. It does so by using a low level C interface and is built upon the camljava library. By using Cadmium whether alone or with Cafesterol, it is possible to run an Objective Caml program on a Java Virtual Machine. It is then particularly interesting to access Java classes from the Objective Caml program. This can be done in plain Cadmium by using the Cadmium runtime library that allows calls to Java reflection methods. However, when numerous Java elements need to be used, it is far more convenient to use Nickel. Nickel is a bridge generator that produces Java, C and OCaml files.
- '-generics' command-line switch to enable generics support (experimental)
- '-no-c-file' command-line switch to disable C file generation
- load of producers is now done through SPI
- parameters definition is now done through annotations
- improved Ant build script
- various code and javadoc fixes
- bug #50: GUI version ignores parameters