A symbolic math program
Mathomatic is a general purpose and highly portable symbolic math program that allows you to solve, combine, simplify, differentiate, compare and integrate algebraic equations.
Mathomatic can do modular, complex number and polynomial arithmetic.
Here are some key features of "Mathomatic":
- Solve equations,
- Completely simplify equations,
- Do calculus transformations,
- Do sensitivity and finite series analysis,
- Do complex number and polynomial arithmetic,
- Generate efficient C or Java code,
- And more!
- Allow use of editline library in Mathomatic, because somehow use of GPL libraries in LGPL code is not allowed, and GNU readline is GPL. I am so confused about this Debian bug#687063: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=687063 Based on the bug report's information sources, it appears he is saying the truth about this license issue, so I will have to upload new versions of Mathomatic with editline instead of readline to Debian. The only noticeable difference should be it doesn't save the history between Mathomatic sessions. I will comply with all that request it, though most distributions do not include editline, which has no major licensing restrictions. Readline is still perfectly usable and good as before, you just have to link it in yourself.