Granite Data Services (GDS) is an open source alternative to Adobe LiveCycle (Flex 2) Data Services for J2EE application servers.
Granite Data Services is not, however, a drop-in replacement, as you won't be able to simply deploy a Flex 2 Data Services application into a Granite Data Services server without modifications.
Here are some key features of "Granite Data Services":
· Full AMF3 support
· EJB3 Entity Bean to ActionScript 3 classes code generator
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Apache Flex(R) 4.8.0 compatibility (see here)
· New messaging transport based on websockets on application servers supporting websockets : Tomcat 7.0.29+, Jetty 8.1+, GlassFish 3.1.2+.
· Improved implementation of the Java client libraries (new remoting API, support for long polling and websocket messaging
· Initial implementation of client libraries for JavaFX 2.2 : data management, client integration with Spring
· Full support for Spring Data JPA, ability to generate AS3 / JavaFX beans for AbstractPersistable, and service proxies for Repositories.