Druid project is a tool that allows users to create databases in a graphical way. The user can add tables, fields, folders to group tables and can modify most of the database options that follow the SQL-92 standard.
In addition to sql options, the user can document each table and each field with HTML information. Once the database is created, the druid can generate:
- HTML documentation: for all tables, with browsing facilities
- PDF documentation: for all tables
- Java classes: (one class for each table) that contain tables' constants (such as fields size) plus java code added by the user
- A data dictionarythat contains all tables and fields present in the database
- SQL script which contains all table definitions that can be piped to the DBMS
- And much more info...
Here are some key features of "Druid":
· Graphical editing
· Tables groupable in a hierarchy
· Extended generation capabilities including HTML documentation, Data Dictionary, SQL script, Java classes
· Custom datatypes for the database that are mapped into real DBMS datatypes
· Revision history and automatic build increment
· Custom java code for each table
· Table summary
· Table editing facility
· Automatic table localization for multi-language applications
· Cut & Paste
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Many improvements were made to the ER-VIEW/JDBC modules.
· Some bugs have been fixed.