APIviz is a JavaDoc doclet which extends the Java standard doclet. It generates comprehensive UML-like class and package diagrams for quick understanding of the overall API structure.
Set the value of the -doclet option to: net.gleamynode.apiviz.APIviz
Set the value of the -docletpath option to: path/to/apiviz-.jar
APIviz automatically discovers the relationship between packages and classes and their stereotype by default. Additionally, you can use the following doclet tags to add more relationships or to make the generated diagram look cleaner.
- @apiviz.stereotype - Assigns a stereotype to a class
- @apiviz.landmark - Highlight a class or a package
- @apiviz.hidden - Hides a class from the package overview diagram
- @apiviz.exclude - Excludes the classes that matches the regular expression
- @apiviz.inherit - Inherits the exclusion patterns of the package where a class belongs
- @apiviz.uses - Adds a dependency relationship
- @apiviz.has - Adds a navigability relationship
- @apiviz.owns - Adds an aggregation relationship
- @apiviz.composedOf - Adds a composition relationship
- @see and @deprecated tags are also recognized.
- Fixed a bug where arrowheads and arrowtails are not rendered when used with Graphviz 2.26.3.